*Quick reminder that all blog posts are the opinions of each Peer Advisor and not necessarily those of MBKU Administration.
Title: Local Eats in Fullerton & Surrounding Cities
So you’ve spent all weekend studying and had no time to meal prep? It’s a classmate’s birthday and you want to go out but don’t know where? Or perhaps your week has bombarded you with exam after proficiency after exam and you just need to treat yourself because you really did that!
Look no further because here are just a few local favorites on where to eat organized by meal:
- Shorty’z - Where you’ll find your classic breakfast items at a student budget friendly cost.
- Early Bird - A brunch favorite located in Brea. Add yourself to the waitlist via Yelp while you’re on your way there to save yourself some time!
- Rialto Cafe - My favorite little cafe to eat brunch located in Downtown Fullerton. Might I suggest the “Not Your Average” french toast?
- Matador Cantina - Also located in Downtown Fullerton, this restaurant is known for its Mexican-inspired cuisine. If you’re looking for bottomless mimosas on the weekend, look no further!
- Ensenada’s Surf N Turf Grill - Satisfy your taco cravings and come for the Tuesday & Wednesday specials! Meat tacos are $1.79 each on Tuesdays and fried fish tacos are $1.59 each on Wednesdays.
- Pita Hot - Get a big bang for your buck with the large portions at this mom and pop owned Mediterranean grill.
- J’s Cuisine - Korean fusion and comfort food located in Downtown Fullerton.
- Holdaak - Spicy chicken sandwich. Just do it.
- Roll & Grill - Get your sushi fix here for a decent price and take advantage of their lunch specials!
- Roman Cucina - Located in Downtown Fullerton, this is the absolute go-to for Italian food. Their huge portions pretty much guarantee you’re paying for 2-3 meals in a single entree. (Yay, leftovers!)
- Mr. BBQ - All-You-Can-Eat Korean BBQ. Tip: Ask them to sing “Happy Birthday” to your friend even if it isn’t their birthday.
- Matador Cantina - Back for the dinner category because their tacos on Taco Tuesday are too good to pass up on. Not to mention, $4 beers and $5 margaritas to go with your tacos.
- Huntington Ramen - Authentic Japanese ramen and sushi. Bonus: free ice cream at the end of every meal.
Honorable Mentions (with a little bit of a further drive)
- Anaheim Packing District - A diverse collection of food/drinks/desserts all in one hip food hall. Prep your cameras and witty captions for Instagram.
- Porto’s Bakery (Buena Park) - Carb load here at this famous Cuban bakery. Potato balls and cheese rolls. That is all.
- Snooze, an A.M. Eatery (Orange) - Go the distance for brunch. Do it for the benedicts and pancakes. I would.
Class of 2023 | Secretary
Private Practice Club | Treasurer
Southern California College of Optometry, MBKU
VanessaFrancisco.firstname.lastname@example.org | (415) 999-4721